Eildon Mansion is one of the largest renaissance style houses in Melbourne, built in 1877 in Grey Street, St Kilda, in Melbourne which is on the Victorian Heritage Register.
The house was built in 1850 as Barham House for Edward Bernard Green (1809-1861) to the designs of John Gill architect. The mansion was built on large grounds and Victorian gardens with bay views.
It was later altered and extended with two symmetrical wings and renamed Eildon.
Eildon was altered in 1871 by a wealthy pastoralist, John Lang Currie (1818–1898) to the designs of Joseph Reed of the leading Melbourne architectural firm of Reed & Barnes (who also designed the nearby Church of the Sacred Heart and many other prominent Melbourne buildings – such as the Royal Exhibition Building). The house was built by John Currie, one of Victoria’s largest landowners, for his retirement, in what was then Melbourne’s most popular seaside suburb. The mansion was completed in 1877.